- Tell us a bit about yourself, your family, your brand and how you found yourself in the midst of your current juggle.
We are a family of four. Myself, husband Gavin, son Elijah (11 yo) and daughter Isla (7 yo). Love To Dream™ was started because newborn Elijah would not sleep for more than 45 minutes at a time (for 18 months)!! I noticed that he slept better when swaddled but would always unravel his wrap to get his hands out and up by his face. This was so dangerous and would also wake him (and me) multiple times a night. So I designed a swaddle that would allow him to sleep in a more natural position with his arms up and also to enable self-soothing from sucking on his hands. 10 years on we have swaddled millions of babies all over the world in SWADDLE UP™.
- Mum motto you like to live by?
Say yes before you say no!
- Before you were a mum and running Love To Dream™, what were you doing?
Working in fashion as a designer and sales manager.
- What does success mean to you? What does it look like?
Success to me means being able to choose what I spend my time doing. I get to spend my day doing work that I really enjoy. Also making time to travel with my family to teach our kids about different cultures, foods, architecture, art and points of view.
- Has your idea of success changed since having kids?
Yes! Now success is shared, I love making my kids proud of their hard working mum’s achievements and setting an example that they can achieve anything they put their mind to.
- Are you working full time on at Love To Dream™? How many hours per week are you working?
Yes working full-time. I work around 30 hours a week.
- What are your secrets for keeping your head above water?
Hiring a cleaner to clean my house and do laundry so I can spend more of my free time with my family.
- Do you think it is possible to achieve balance in work/mum life?
Not at all! Life comes at you in peaks and troughs. The way to stay sane is to go with the flow!
- What advice would you give to yourself if you could go back in time – pre-baby?
My husband and I married soon after meeting and had kids pretty quickly too. I would have loved to have travelled with Gav, just the two of us.
- What is your best parenting purchase (2nd to Silky Tots, obviously)?
Obviously!! 2nd best purchase was a pacifier – saved my sanity!
- What’s your fave Disney or kids movie?
Big – just rewatched it with my kids and it is still as good as it was in the 80s!
- How do you best recharge from work and mum life?
Thai foot massages as often as possible.
- What’s next for you? Do you have goals and dreams for your business? If so, what are they?
Our goal is to swaddle all babies around the world in the effort to reduce sleep deprivation for parents, no matter where they live.
- Tell us something that no one else knows about you?
I think that dipping McDonald’s fries into their chocolate thick-shake is delicious!